Crystal Mic Pro L (The Lightning)
The Lightning uses a TSOd Intricon microphone boom similar to those used on Bose A20 headsets. The microphone housing has a swivelling microphone boom and the headphone attachment keeps the microphone secured using magnets.
Available for Bose QC35/45 (same attachment can be used on both models) and the Sony WH-1000XM3/4.
XM5 attachment will be available late June 2022. The advantage of the Crystal Mic over our competitors is the modular design: only the attachment needs to be changed if you upgrade to newer headphones of the same brand.
The difference between the Lightning and the Fulcrum are:
1. Lightning mic housing is slightly larger than the Fulcrum
2. Lightning mic boom is the same as on BoseA20 Headset. The Fulcrum BoseA20 mic boom is similar except that the swivelling part uses an SMB connection.
3. Lightning is only available with BoseA20 or Low impedance microphones. The Fulcrum can come with BoseA20, David Clark or Crystal M7A2 microphones.
Why Crystal Mic is better than other USA / Norwegian brands:
1. Crystal Mic has more models to suit user needs. There is no one model that suits the demand or needs or all pilots so we have many models to choose from.
2. Crystal Mic has models for BOTH Sony and Bose headphones. Other inferior USA brands have only models for the Bose headphones. Crystal Mic is professionally designed by Dr Steve Kwan, an engineer and commercial pilot for both helicopter and airplanes.
3. Crystal Mic is the only microphone that has the Bluetooth option with voice priority. When you plug the microphone into the headphone, the headphone's bluetooth is automatically disengaged. This is why we developed the Bluewave with voice priority. It lets you connect your phone wirelessly to your headset so that you can listen to music while in cruise or to make phone calls when you are on the ground.
4. Crystal Mic Pro Fulcrum and Lightning models are available with the TSOd Intricon microphones. These microphones are similar to those used on BoseA20 headsets. The Intricon microphones are much better than those offered by our competitors.
5. The Pro models come with robust microphone booms. Our competitors only offer floppy microphone booms that move easily during turbulent conditions.
6. Crystal Mic is not a one product company like our competitors. Crystal Mic is sub-brand of Crystal Pilot and OSEI. Crystal Pilot makes pilot training products such as VFR-IFR placards, iPad kneeboards, VFR plotters, Titanium sunglasses, IFR limiting devices and much more. We have many talents and we develop and sell many professional products for divers and explorers also.
7. We don't use cliches to market our products. "Designed by Pilots for Pilots" may be cool if you grew up in the 80's but we would like to highlight that engineers are needed to design products that are robust and reliable.